200-INT Advanced ControlIn-sump Protein Skimmer
- 200 GALLONS
- 300 GALLONS
- 400 GALLONS
Latest in Controllable Technology
- Safe and Efficient 24V Power
- Solid Cast Acrylic Construction
- High-Performance VarioSSkimmer Pump
- 5 Controllable Energy Saving Power Settings
- Detachable Controller with Waterproof Union
- Safety Float Switch
- 0-10v Input for 3rd Party Controller
- Integrated Memory
- Two different pause/feed modes will shut off the pump at 15 or 60-minute intervals.
The new and innovative Reef Octopus Regal 200-INT in-sump protein skimmer supplies powerful filtration for aquariums up to 400 gallons where sump space is not limited. The Reef Octopus Regal 200-INT is constructed of high-quality cast acrylic that disassembles completely for cleaning. Its hybrid conical body naturally stabilizes and concentrates the organic-rich foam as it rises.
This Regal skimmer is quipped with a new generation Reef Octopus controllable Direct Current VarioS-4S pinwheel skimmer pump, the latest variable speed flow technology. It allows for refined control and enhanced performance and efficiency. The vast majority of skimmer pumps available to hobbyists are alternating current "AC" pumps (the type of power that comes out of your wall outlet). Direct existing pumps have several key advantages over traditional AC pumps. Most notably, you can control the motor's rotational speed, thus electronically controlling air and water flow rates into the skimmer. Now the user can have the skimmer process more or less water just by pushing a button!!!
Regal 200INT Technical Specs
Footprint: 14.6" x 9.8in
Neck Size: 5in
Total Height: 23.4in
Output Size: 50mm/1.5in
Water Height: 7 - 8.5in
In addition to allowing the pump to run at five different speeds, the new VarioS Controller takes the pump to a new level featuring:
- A float switch connection lets you connect a float switch (included in the box) to the controller. This is an added security feature that allows you to shut off the skimmer pump when your waste collector is full or shut off your water pump when your sump water has reached a high or low level. You don't need another module or controller to add a float switch to your system.
- Two different pause/feed modes will shut off the pump at 15 or 60-minute intervals. These come in handy when feeding the tank or conducting regular maintenance such as a water change.
- And the best feature of the VarioS controller is… a 0-10v input which will allow a 3rd party controller such as Neptune System's APEX or Reef Angel to take over the pump and tell it what to do. In this mode, the new VarioS controller becomes an interface between the system controller and the pump allowing you to create intricate programs using your system controller's native language. This is unprecedented controllability on a skimmer or water pump. You can use your system controller as your DC pump controller!
The VarioS pump features an actual slow startup where the pump slowly ramps up from zero RPM to the full preset speed over approximately 10 seconds.
The pump and controller are connected via a waterproof 3-conductor union. The detachable controller will allow for a simple waterproof union. The volute can rotate to change the pump's output orientation in 90-degree intervals, meaning users can output water vertically (up or down) and horizontally.
CoralVue, Inc. and Reef Octopus hereby guarantee this product to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of:
- 120 Days
Warranty is activated on the date of purchase.
This Standard Limited Warranty applies and is limited as follows:
- To the product only as long as it remains in the possession of the original purchaser.
- To the product that has not been subject to accident, misuse or abuse.
- To the product that has not been modified, altered, defaced, or had repairs made or attempted by other than CoralVue, Inc.
- That CoralVue be immediately notified in writing within ten (10) days of first knowledge of defect by owner or his agent.
- That CoralVue, Inc. shall be given first opportunity to make any repairs, replacements or corrections to the defective construction within a reasonable period of time.
- Under no circumstances shall CoralVue and/or the Manufacturer be liable by virtue of this warranty or otherwise for damage to any person or property whatsoever for any special, indirect, secondary or consequential damages of any nature however arising out of the use or inability to use because of the product defect.